Experienced Print Operative Required
06 March 2020
Have you a passion for Print? At Northern Print Solutions we are looking for an experienced Print Operative to join our dynamic team.
In a world filled with increasing digital noise, we use the POWER of print to help our customers get seen and heard. We LOVE printing and this shows in the work we do for our clients. Priding ourselves on our exceptional customer service, high print quality solutions and speedy turnaround times we can confidently say that the word “average” doesn’t come into our vocabulary.
Having invested in state of the art technology and in the development of an experienced, enthusiastic team, we have seen our business grown at a considerable rate. Our future is indeed very bright!
We are now looking for a Print Operative to join us. We offer a COMPETITIVE salary, 28 days holidays increasing to 30 over time and your birthday off every year!
Working as part of a small but driven team who are responsible for meeting production targets and high standards of quality on all printed materials, you will manage the print and finishing on a range of different jobs to strict deadlines.
YOUR DAILY TASKS:
Your daily tasks will involve:
- Reviewing the job cards to determine any special printing instructions, stock specifications, colours, or quantities to be printed.
- Touching base with our fantastic artwork team to check information where necessary.
- Starting the print processes, checking print proofs and where necessary, making adjustments to our specialised technology.
- Cutting paper to size when needed, loading paper and making adjustments when needed.
- Upon completion of the print, finishing the job and ensuring it is ready for delivery.
- Following health and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Maintaining a clean work environment.
In addition to your daily tasks you will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining a high level of quality control through print sampling and quality checks.
- The maintenance of all print equipment by following manufacturer’s requirements so that optimum printer efficiency and continuity is achieved.
- Actively seeking out opportunities to improve the quality and consistency of all print and finished goods.
- Helping with new product development to add to the value we provide our customer
- Assisting the Operations Manager in the smooth production workflow.
- Ensuring that the print apprentices have the support required to fulfil their roles.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
You will need:
- A basic level of Maths and English (this will may be assessed at interview stage)
- A minimum of 2 years experience working within printing and finishing. Preferably will have been gained within a digital print company.
- A proven ability to maintain printers and the print environment.
- Basic IT skills and a little knowledge of colour theory.
- An ability to multi task.
- Full driving licence.
- Team leadership experience is desirable although not essential.
You must also be:
- Able to lift to a maximum of 25kg if male or 16kg if female according to HSE guidelines.
- Health and safety conscious.
- Receptive to shift work.
- Able to thrive under pressure.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are a team player yet self sufficient.
- See themselves as a self starter with a strong work ethic.
- Are passionate, honest, positive and determined.
- Have an eye for detail and quality control.
- Approach their work in a methodical manner.
- Have strong communicating skills.
Please feel free to read more about the services we offer and if you like what you see, fit the bill and have a fire in your belly then please send your CV, along with a covering letter to email@example.com