Love print? We may have the job for you!
14 January 2022
We are looking out for an experienced Digital Print Operative to join our merry team.
You will work as part of a small but driven team that is responsible for meeting production targets and high standards of quality on all printed materials.
You will have the responsibility of the print on a range of different jobs allocated to you and will manage more junior members of the team who will assist with print and the finishing of the items to ensure you hit the deadlines allocated.
Your daily tasks will include:
- A review of the job cards to determine any special printing instructions, stock specifications, colours, or quantities to be printed.
- Liaising with our fantastic artwork team to check information where necessary.
- Starting the print processes, checking print proofs and where necessary, adjusting our specialised technology.
- Cutting paper to size when needed, loading paper and adjusting when needed.
- Updating our workflow spreadsheet.
- Following health and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Maintaining a clean work environment.
- Managing a print finisher/junior, preparing their daily workload and ensuring all work finished is to a high standard before delivery.
In addition to your daily tasks you will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining a high level of quality control through print sampling and quality checks.
- The maintenance of all print equipment by following manufacturer’s requirements so that optimum printer efficiency and continuity is achieved.
- Actively seeking out opportunities to improve the quality and consistency of all print and finished goods.
- Helping with new product development to add to the value we provide our customers.
- Assisting the Production Manager in the smooth production workflow.
- Management of a print apprentice or print assistant.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- A basic level of Maths and English
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a more senior print operative role. Preferably this would have been gained within a digital print company.
- Ability to manage a finishing operative/apprentice.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to maintain printers and the print environment.
- Proven IT skills and basic knowledge of colour theory.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Full driving license.
- Able to lift to a maximum of 25kg if male or 16kg if female according to HSE guidelines.
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge and experience in the use of a range of finishing equipment including; Booklet makers, perfect binders, wiro binders, laminators, folders and creasers and guillotines.
- Ability to use a print fulfilment portal, delivery portal and MIS systems.
- Experience in using Royal Mail.
- Ability to Laser cutting/die-cutting.
- Team leadership experience.
- HSE qualified
- Receptive to shift work.
- Team player yet self-sufficient.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Passionate, honest, positive and determined.
- Eye for detail and quality control.
- Methodical approach.
- Strong communicator.
- You must work efficiently and at a fast pace.
We offer a competitive salary for the right person, free refreshments & onsite parking, along with 28 days annual leave and your birthday off.
If you fit the bill, have a fire in your belly and LOVE print please get in contact with us now. Send us your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.