Supporting our staff and customers during the COVID-19 crisis
27 April 2020
Here at Northern Print Solutions we started monitoring the worldwide COVID-19 crisis early on and quickly put several measures in place to ensure continuity of the high levels of service and products that we provide our customers.
Protecting our customers and staff as best we can:
The health and wellbeing of our staff and customers was of paramount importance to us. To protect those in the immediate and extended Northern Print family, we took the following steps:
- We increased hygiene and sanitisation throughout the business by expanding our cleaning schedules to ensure all touchpoints within the company were sanitised frequently. Disinfectant supplies were also made available at all work bays and shared areas within our business.
- Any member of our team showing signs of a new persistent cough or high temperature was asked to go home, self-isolated and seek advice from NHS 111.
- In addition to this, our staff have received guidance on personal hygiene and had easy access to the latest government advice.
- We also asked all suppliers to confirm their own COVID-19 policies.
Securing the continuation of supply:
We pride ourselves on providing you with the best value and service possible and we pledge to continue to do so during this period of uncertainty. As such:
- We are fully stocked on our core materials and have a secure and stable supply chain in place.
- Our distributors continually update use with any news regarding any disruption to their services. We have contingencies in place to ensure we can get your print to you when you need it.
The situation around the world regarding COVID-19 is evolving rapidly, and some level of uncertainty will continue to remain. However, please be assured that we will continue to monitor the situation, to continue to provide you with the print needs of your business with minimal change to the service that we offer.
Rest assured that Northern Print Solutions will continue to operate throughout this crisis. We have a contract with the NHS to fulfil and We believe that our role, in helping our customers keep their lines of communication open, is a critical one.
At the same time as doing this, it is also vital that we ensure the safety of our staff and customers. Since our last announcement we have put in place several additional measures to protect our community. These include:
- Fast tracking the launch of our online shop to remove the need for direct contact between staff and customers.
- Reducing the number of staff at our site to those that are critical. Where employees can work from home, we recommend that they do so.
- Further enhancement of our daily cleaning procedures.
- Protecting staff further by no longer allowing ANY visitors on site.
- Changing our logistics so that ALL deliveries for printed goods will be managed immediately by our external delivery supplier.
We will continue to take your enquiries and orders and strive to offer you the same great service we always have. For any essential print needs either ring us on: 0191 411 1698, fill out our enquiry form, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our online shop.
Otherwise please have a look at the most current questions our customers have regarding our services below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I still get my essential print from you?
We have secured all materials from our suppliers that we require to provide you with a wide variety of print (flyers, leaflets, brochures, postcards, letterheads etc.).
How do I order printed materials from you?
We have launched an online shop for everyday print essentials. If you can’t find what you are looking for you can get in touch directly by calling 0191 411 1698 or emailing us at email@example.com
Can I still collect my print from your offices?
We want to safeguard our staff and customers. Collection for your printed goods is no longer available. Our delivery partners will deliver all print goods. Standard delivery is free of charge.
How can I keep in touch?
You can telephone us on 0191 411 1698 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries. Please note that our telephone lines are hectic at the moment but if you leave a message someone will get back to you ASAP.
Are you still delivering?
Yes, we are still delivering using our delivery partners who all follow PHE (Public Health England) delivery advice and guidance.
Should I still receive the delivery?
PHE has advised people receiving parcels that they are not at risk of contracting coronavirus. The type of virus group that COVID-19 belongs to doesn’t survive long on letters and parcels. This complements the guidance for people to wash their hands often using soap and hot water. We are monitoring this situation and should it change will keep you informed.
IF YOU ARE IN SELF ISOLATION: please inform us at the point of order and advise us of a safe place where delivery can be made.
What precautions are your delivery suppliers taking?
Our delivery partner has a wide number of plans in place to deal with the escalating COVID-19 crisis in the UK. At present all parcel operations are taking place as usual with little effect on delivery times.
Customers will NOT be required to sign a handheld device. Instead, drivers will take a photograph of the parcel at point of delivery.
To find out more visit DPD online